Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Well it’s been a long winter’s nap…well…not exactly…just a long absence from posting.

Anna came home tonight and told me about a reader of my pathetic attempt of a blog that shamed me into action. I have been saying since January 1st that I was going to post and have come up with plenty of excuses not to.

I am officially back in the saddle (shout out to Sid and Leo) and ready to blog for the season.

Where to begin? Ironman training has officially begun and I have increased my training sessions to either 10 or 11 sessions a week. I will increase that again in the spring and summer.

Also, I have spent a long time building my road bike for training that I posted a picture of back in the fall, and it is almost done. I have my fitting on Thursday. Psyched to get off the trainer, on the road, and take my new toy for a spin.

Don’t worry; I have made space in the bedroom for the new addition.

Cleveland Marathon training has also begun. I am excited to be back training for this. I love the process of adding miles each week and the long Saturday runs. It’s a sign that spring is around the corner and each running week that goes by the weather gets better and better.

I am satisfied with my pacing right now and I have had a great last week of running, biking and swimming.

I swam at the Oberlin Splash Zone over the weekend, while my daughters visited with their cousins before the Super Bowl. I have had the opportunity to swim there before and it’s quite a nice facility for that community.

What was even better was that I was essentially alone in a 10 lane pool (not counting the life guards), since it was about an hour before it closed, and I had a good swim. Sometimes the change of location makes all the difference.

Editor’s Note: Before the bikes come home, I have to line the floor with satin cushions and install an electro-magnetic force field to keep sticky fingers and clumps of dog hair away.
Editor’s Note 2: Not sure if electro-magnetic is a possible type of force field, but it sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment