Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Valentines and More…

This one goes out to my three Valentines that make it all possible. I may be the endurance athlete of the family, but Anna, Morgan and Zoe are the one’s that endure. The workouts, the races, the waiting and my endless drivel about each, but they are always there clapping and cheering at the end. So this is my first of many thanks of the new season, because their clapping and smiles at the end of races make the races that much more fun.

A big thanks to the guys at Spin Bike Shop for the fitting of the new road bike on Thursday and that I am psyched to pick up on Wednesday. Also, thanks for a cool event on Friday.

On the training front, I had a good Saturday run of 10.5 miles. I was able to run outside for the first time this week and temps were good. I have been fighting a cold that is stuck in my throat somewhere, so breathing has been a little tough and I have a little pain in feet.

Looks like the weather for the week may allow me to get the new ride on the road for a spin this week. It’s about time I start logging real road miles instead of trainer miles.

Swimming was good this week. However, probably not great for anyone that followed me in the pool, as I think I have been leaving a mucus trail in my lane all week. Let’s be glad there is strong chlorine concentration in my pool.

Although, chlorine didn’t stop the large clump of women’s hair that got stuck to my face this morning while swimming. As Anna just posted a list of things that are gross on her blog, this is at the top of the list for me.

This past week was supposed to be a recovery week, so this upcoming week I will be adding a little mileage running-wise. I will stretch out my run to 13-14 miles Saturday and hopefully get one of the bikes on the road for a ride, if the weather cooperates.

Editor’s Note: Awww…I thought he was going to ask his bikes to be his Valentines as he’s been counting the days until he gets them back home from Spin. This was a nice surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment