Friday, March 11, 2011

Random Recap

Suffering from writers’ block this week, so I’m just going to do a quick recap of last week.

I stayed true to course and cut back my long run to 12 miles after a minor freak out during the week about my training plan for the marathon.

Tends to happen every year… I suddenly get this feeling that I am not getting enough miles done before a race. Then I over analyze my schedule and come to terms with the whole thing. It oddly becomes the thing I like about racing and training, because it is that moment where you begin to make peace with… whatever it is you’re about to do.

The course for the marathon was released this week which included some big changes with the Medical-Mart construction. Sounds like an exciting finish line for the smaller races which will get to finish on Browns Field.

Otherwise, the organizers really flipped the course around and it could make for a very windy last 10k into the west for the finish, but the fun part of the run through Lakewood, Ohio City and Tremont still looks good.

Other than the minor fact that I am fighting a decent amount of muscle fatigue and one nagging injury in my hip abdomen, things are starting to shape up for the season.

I just confirmed my entry for the Miami University Triathlon, which is a good season opener and fun to race back on campus.

This week has been a long week from both distance and time perspectives. Tomorrow is a 16 mile run. Based on the weather, I better pull out my snow shoes. Spring cannot come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment