Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Horses Are In The Barn



Two days until the race. The training is done and now its time to run. I had a good last weekend of training with a strong long bike and run brick. Also, had a great open-water swim on Saturday morning while the sun was coming up over the city.



Let's hope the weather takes a turn for the better and is slightly better than predicted for Sunday. According to predictions the winds are shifting and the lake should calm down for the weekend. The lake has already cooled substanially, considering the hot summer and it should be a good wetsuit swim on Sunday.



I have panicked a few times at this point, questioning what I have gotten myself into. Otherwise, I have been at peace with with race and final preparations and I am now excited to get started.



I am going over my final nurtition plan tonight. It will be interesting to see how much Gel/Gu my body will take and trying to get down a couple thousand calories during the race.


One main funny obession I have had recently is trying plan out my bathroom stops, but it is totally perplexing. Plus, you know you have issues when start considering going on yourself to save time. Rest at ease that was not the final decesion.



Will head out to Cedar Point to pick up my registration, and since it is Anna's book club night I will take the girls on the rides for a while.



Keep an eye out on Sunday, as I am sure Anna will be posting updates. In keeping with the theme of the blog only 140.6 miles and I get some sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment