Saturday, July 9, 2011

Late Week Training and the Tour

I finished off the week with a 10 mile run. It is good to be back in the double digits. I felt good and my ankle felt strong.


I also got an open water swim in with PK this morning. The lake was like glass just a slight ripple and the water temp was in the mid 60’s. The conditions made for a good 1.5 mile swim. I wanted to swim longer, but I did not want to over swim today.


I followed the swim with a 4 mile run in my racing flats. I thought these shoes may have played a part in my injured Achilles, but the shoes felt good today and my Achilles does not feel the worse for wear. I’ll see how the Achilles feels when I race in the shoes tomorrow morning.


Forgot to mention in my last post that I am sucked in to the Tour de France and it’s only the first week. I will admit that I really have only become a fan since I have started riding in last few years, but now I DVR every stage and watch the races from start to finish.

This week's story has been tale of crashes and tole it has taken on the Americans. Along with the surprising slow start of Contador. I am a Andy Schleck and George Hincapie fan so I am excited to see the battles in the mountain stages. Contador and Schleck are both beasts in the mountains, so it should make for a good battle, especially with Contador having to come from behind. It is simply amazing to watch these athletes work.


I will check in later with race reports from both the Tour and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment