Monday, July 18, 2011

Training Milestone

Well, this weekend was my first 100 mile ride. I came off the bike feeling good and felt like I could go out for a run. It took about 5 hours 20 minutes to complete the training session. The best part of the ride was the comfortable numbness that came over my whole body while riding. I generally do not where an Ipod on my rides anymore, except for sometimes on long rides. Although, since this ride was going on roads I was not familiar with I did not where it. However, this provides for a lot of time to be introspective and on rides this long maybe too much. So, the best part is part of the ride is where everything is more like a low buzz and your just pedaling.

Otherwise, I had a good 14 mile run on Saturday and my run is progressing well. As for Monday, I think I will take a recovery day, and let my legs rest for a day and prepare for another big week. This Sunday is the Bay Village Tri, which is always a fun race loaded with familiar faces.

One tip I have from the 100 mile ride in 90 degrees is to use extra sun block or this will happen:

No comments:

Post a Comment