Monday, October 17, 2011

Limbo...Check In.

I have been in limbo since Rev 3 and I have started thinking about my schedule for next season.

It took me about 3-4 weeks to feel recovered from Rev 3, but I am back in full swing and I have been getting in solid runs swims and bikes. I have been keeping my distances up for my long workouts, and this past weekend I did my first brick since Rev. A 2.5 mile swim followed by 4mile run and it felt real solid.

I picked up new wheelset for my road bike a few weeks back and they are working out well. It is my first tubeless wheelset, so I will report back on my experience. However, I have not been able ride them as much as would because of all rain this fall.

A few weeks back, I ran the Bay Village Heritage 5K and it was fun race. Odd to run that short of distance anymore. It is a big mental shift from constantly thinking about pace to turning myself inside out for 5k. Ultimately, it was fun and I love running in Bay.

Side note regarding my psychosis from BVH 5K. I ran from my house to the race, and then once I got my race packet I ran back to my house. When I got back to my house, I ran back to the start and did a warm up run. After the race I did a short run before running home. Issues...I think yes.

Overall, I am enjoying fall training and recovery. I am starting to kick around ideas for next year, which I will report about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment